III. Consultant Services to the Legal System
- Determines costs of needed social services for the client.
- Makes referrals for assessments of the client.
- Assists with the development of information for the settlement negotiations.
- Serves as an expert witness in a court case for an individual sustaining a catastrophic injury.
- Consults with a plaintiff attorney to reasonably map out what long term care services will be needed for a client.
- Provides information located in the LCP to an official of the court.
- Consults an economist for an estimate of the lifetime costs of the LCP.
- Recommends other expert witnesses to a client’s attorney.
- Consults with a defense attorney to reasonably map out what long term care services will be needed for a client.
- Advices the client’s attorney on the cross examination of opposing counsel’s expert witness.
Before gaining the certification credential, the certification candidate should be, at the minimum, exposed to the above competencies, and should have demonstrated an acceptable level of function and sill in most of them. The CHCC expects the Certified Life Care Planner to be competent in all of the above competencies and sub-competencies.