- Safety concerns more than skin deep with consumer products like sunscreens
It probably should not have come as such a shock. But consumers are learning the hard way — notably through lawsuits in the civil justice system — that substances they slather on their skin don’t just … Continue Reading
- For patients’ sake, U.S. must slap down Big Pharma chiseling on tests, trials
Big Pharma is testing crucial boundaries in the way that the nation determines the safety and effectiveness of prescription medications. And regulators, for patients’ sake, need to shove back — hard. … Continue Reading
- Would workers really be sad if health insurers didn’t grab a third of their pay?
With the 2020 presidential campaign obsessing early about health insurance rather than costly health care overall, voters may wish to reframe their thinking about coverage and candidates’ views on mak … Continue Reading
- Gun violence is a public health crisis. Research and treatment are needed now.
With back-to-back-to-back incidents of mass gun violence killing almost three dozen children, women, and men, can this nation muster the political courage to treat this lethal scourge as a public heal … Continue Reading
- Another abuse scandal may change ‘The Talk’ with college-bound students
It’s that time of year when parents send their kids off to schools and opportunities near or far away. While this should be a mostly welcome happening, sadly grownups may want to have The Talk with th … Continue Reading