Patrick Malone & Associates has extensive information on our web site to help families trying to sort out the difficult legal and emotional issues that come up when a baby has been injured in the birthing process.
Birth Injury Resources
- Brain Injury from Asphyxia Near Birth
- VBAC Injuries — Rupture of the Uterus during Attempted Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- Cerebral Palsy
- Nerve Injuries to the Arm and Hand (Brachial Plexus Palsy)
- Brain Injury from Jaundice (Kernicterus)
- Other Birth-Related Injuries
Topics we cover include the following:
- The hallmarks to investigate when a baby has suffered an injury at or near the time of birth.
- How asphyxia can cause brain injury — and how it’s prevented by watching for telltale signs on the fetal monitor of the baby’s heart rate.
- What rupture of the uterus means for the baby in a failed VBAC.
- Cerebral palsy — what it means.
- Nerve injuries to the arm and hand related to childbirth.
- Kernicterus — brain damage caused by jaundice.
- Other, milder birth-related injuries.
Not all of these injuries are caused by medical malpractice. And sometimes the cause of a child’s injury can never be known for sure. But we try to give readers some resources and education to help sort out these issues. Click here to start reading.
We were clients of Pat Malone after the birth injury of our daughter in 2004. It was a lengthy and tedious process, but Mr. Malone and his staff were always quick to answer questions, reply to concerns and keep us informed each step of the way. Thanks to his knowledge and legal expertise, our daughter received fair compensation that will meet all of her lifetime needs.– Lindsey D.
If a family member has suffered a serious, permanent injury related to childbirth, you may want to talk to a lawyer. We provide free consultations to help determine if you have a valid medical negligence or malpractice case that should be pursued. If you have already consulted with another lawyer or are in the process of doing so, we can offer information about how to evaluate whether you have obtained the right lawyer for your case.