Patrick Malone & Associates represents families and individuals with life-changing injuries who need skilled, experienced and dedicated attorneys to represent them in lawsuits against wrongdoers. Our firm has a national reputation for excellence.
Our clients seek our legal help for the most serious injuries imaginable:harms to babies and children, brain injury, paralysis, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other events that have changed their lives forever.
Our clients typically face enormous medical bills and years ahead of expensive care. Often, they can no longer work to pay for what they need. Under our American system of civil justice, the person whose negligence or carelessness caused harm to an innocent person must pay for the harm they caused. But when that harm requires large sums of money for fair compensation, defendants – especially insurance companies – fight hard to avoid accountability.
That’s where our firm steps in. Our job as attorneys is to bring wrongdoers to justice, whether they are large corporations, insurance companies, the government, or professionals like doctors, lawyers and accountants. We seek justice for our clients and safety improvements to prevent injuries to others.
We also work hard to get the answers to questions from our clients about what exactly happened, why, and what can be done to make sure it doesn’t happen ever again to someone else. See more on our mission statement page on this website.
We help clients throughout metropolitan Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland regions. Areas we serve also include northern Virginia (Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and neighboring communities), plus counties neighboring Washington such as Prince George's County, and Montgomery County, Maryland. Here is a list of communities we serve.
We work with other attorneys throughout the United States on referral or co-counseling teamwork.
Patrick Malone is a leading advocate for consumer safety. He is an author, lecturer and attorney who represents seriously injured people in medical malpractice lawsuits, product liability cases and other kinds of lawsuits. With nearly 30 years as an attorney, Mr. Malone has a track record of outstanding results for his clients in court verdicts and out-of-court settlements. His book for patients, "The Life You Save : Nine Steps to Finding the Best Medical Care - and Avoiding the Worst", aims to educate consumers on how to be smarter patients and get the most out of our health care system. He co-authored a widely praised book that teaches other attorneys the “Rules of the Road” method for how to win cases for injured clients. Read more about Mr. Malone here.
Click here for more on what we do.
Click here to view our track record of recent cases.
This website offers extensive resources for consumers, medical patients, and other attorneys.
Here are past issues of our “Better Health Care” newsletter, which has many tips for patients and families about getting the best health care. We also have a collection of specific “Patient Safety Tips” organized alphabetically by subject, from anesthesia to cancer screening to consent forms to vision loss, and many more topics.
Consumers who need to hire an attorney can get our “Free Injury Fact Kit.”
Check out our “Health Care Advocates Power Kit,” an easy resource for consumers who want to make a complaint about medical care, obtain their health records, dispute a bill or obtain information about their legal rights and deadlines for filing suits.
Lawyers who need briefs, orders and how-to articles can check our legal resources for attorneys with injured clients.
Books by Patrick Malone
Winning Medical Malpractice Cases
With the Rules of the Road™ Technique
Free Podcasts with Patrick Malone
- How to Find Out If Your Doctor Has Been in Trouble A man with back pain was advised to have a spinal fusion by a well-regarded surgeon to whom he had been referred by another doctor. The procedure, ....
- Fear Mongering and Thyroid Cancer The always-perceptive Gary Schwitzer at HealthNewsReview.org shines his truth-telling light on what appears to be an epidemic of thyroid cancer, but ....
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning — Are You at Risk? Cold weather invites more danger than just frostbite and a bad back from shoveling snow. And the danger is invisible, and deadly. According to the ....
- Obstetricians Call for Fewer Cesarean Sections You know when a professional association recommends doing fewer procedures for which its members get paid, there’s probably a good reason. That’s the ....
- Taking Tylenol During Pregnancy Might Elevate Risk of Child with ADHD As if it weren’t difficult enough to follow all the rules for improving the chances of both a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby, now there’s evidence ....
- The Facts About Fever Parents are wired to beware of fever in their children. But their fear often is misplaced. According to Melissa Arca, a pediatrician writing on ....
- How to Avoid a Shopping Cart Injury Parents with kids in tow welcome the use of shopping carts to contain the offspring as well as the merchandise. But as a recent report by NBC News ....
- Youthful Binge Drinking: Spotting It and Getting Help Sometimes children experiment with alcohol. Some of them will become binge drinkers. Knowing the signs is the first stop in arresting this harmful ....