Frequently Asked Questions
After an Injury or Death
- What should I do if I’ve been injured?
- What if someone died? Can the family sue?
- Should I sue someone?
- Are there bad reasons to sue someone?
- Will I hurt the person I’m suing by bringing a claim against him or her?
- What if I’ve been hurt by a federal government employee?
Dealing With Insurance
- What if I am contacted by an insurance company?
- Do I still have a claim if my medical bills were paid by insurance?
Finding and Hiring a Top Lawyer
- What makes a good attorney? How do I find one?
- How soon should I hire a lawyer?
- How does my lawyer figure out if I have a good case?
- Will there be any legal fee to evaluate my case?
- How does my attorney get paid?
- Who covers the expenses of filing a lawsuit?
Lawsuits: Compensation & Settlements
- What things can a lawsuit get me compensation for?
- What does “compensation” mean in an injury claim or lawsuit?
- Can my attorney tell me what my claim is worth?
- How does a settlement work?
Deadlines for Personal Injury Lawsuits
What Happens in a Lawsuit
- What information comes out during a lawsuit?
- How do I know what is happening with my case?
- What effect will filing a lawsuit have on my everyday life?
- How long does a lawsuit take?
- How much of my time will a lawsuit take?
- Will I have to go to court?
- What are all the steps involved in a lawsuit?
Location, Location, Location
Trying to find Answers through a Lawsuit