Our attorneys have wide experience and exceptional results in representing clients seriously injured or killed by dangerous drugs and medical devices. Recent cases include:
- Vioxx, a prescription COX-2 inhibitor used to relieve symptoms of arthritis and other acute pain and has been shown to increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Prempro and other hormone replacement therapy. These drugs cause cause pulmonary embolism, strokes, deep vein thrombosis, and other thromboembolic problems in some women, particularly around the time of surgery or prolonged immobilization.
- Ephedra. This "nutritional supplement" is in reality a dangerous drug that can cause fatal heart attack and stroke.
- Advil causing kidney failure. A little known side effect to the public, but well known to physicians who specialize in kidney disease, is that Advil (ibuprofen) and other drugs like it can destroy kidney function when taken over a period of time.
- Reglan causing tardive dyskinesia. This drug is used to help the stomach empty in diabetics. It can cause the devastating movement disorder known as tardive dyskinesia when taken too long or in too high a dose.
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) causing liver failure. Our best known case was Benedi v. McNeil PPC, reported at 66 F.3d 1378 (4th Cir. 1995). Antonio Benedi lost his liver and required an emergency transplant after taking ordinary doses of Tylenol for several days. He regularly drank wine before this. The suit was brought against McNeil, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, alleging that the company had known since the 1970s that Tylenol (acetaminophen) taken by regular drinkers can poison the liver. The jury awarded $7,855,000 in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive damages. The award was affirmed on appeal in the first reported decision in which the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit approved punitive damages in a product liability case. Watch the ABC Prime Time Live segment on this case by clicking here.
Contact us for a free no-obligation consultation.
- Cold Medicines Are Dangerous for Very Young Children All parents of children old enough to spend time around other children know that their offspring are little cold factories. Data from the University ....
- Off-Label Drugs Commonly Given to Intensive Care Patients At the American Academy of Pediatrics conference last month, a researcher presented a paper that should give pause to anyone receiving or delivering ....
- Antibiotics and ADHD Drug Use in Kids A recent study conducted by the FDA presented a good-news/huh?-news scenario about what drugs are given to children. As reported by Reuters Health, in ....