We believe in giving back to the community. We firmly believe that our society's success depends on the willingness of citizens to care for and serve one another.
Our service and support for community groups includes the following:
- Serving in leadership roles in community groups.
- Doing volunteer work.
- Contributing financially.
Here are some of the things Patrick Malone has done in each of these categories:
- Board of Trustees, Loyola Retreat House, Faulkner, Md., 1996-2005; chair: 1999-2001.
- Board of Trustees, Monsignor Smyth Fund, Blessed Sacrament parish, Washington, D.C., 2000-2006.
- Volunteer, monthly legal clinic, Bread for the City/D.C. Bar, 1997 to present.
- Volunteer lawyer, Legal Counsel for the Elderly.
- Sunday lector, Blessed Sacrament parish.
- Countless fund-raisers for elementary and high school PTA’s.
Donations to charities:
There are many worthy non-profit organizations out there. Here is a list of some of the community groups to which we give regular financial support, with some information about each one and a link if you would like to read more. You will see that our charitable work falls into some major categories:
- Helping people with developmental disabilities and other handicaps.
- Justice work — to help give access to the justice system to those who cannot afford a lawyer.
- Consumer justice organizations.
- Catholic and other religious organizations that work to implement the ideas of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, sheltering the homeless, visiting the prisoner.
See the list here.